Savoursmiths Bubbly Serrano Chilli Potato Chips
Taste test: These potato chips had wiggly shapes and a strong yellow color, with some darker skin wrapping around nearly the entire edge of each chip. Despite the promise of some intense flavors, there wasn't any obvious visible seasoning powder.
We crunched in to find a crisp crunch and quite an explosion of flavor, with the promised "Bubbly" being unmistakable and dominant. Amazingly, it tasted and felt like sipping champagne. The other part of the flavor, "a scream" of Serrano peppers, was there to a degree, adding some heat to the mix, but not as intense as they described. That was probably a good thing, because the "Bubbly" feel was sufficiently distinct that more peppers might have distracted from it. Quite a strange one here as potato chips go, but an impressive use of flavors!
Shop: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Some mild peppers on first whiff, mostly potato after that.
From the package: “Luxurious hand cooked British chips with style” ... “Cool cats love to live on the edge, so we've turned up the heat with this flavour, adding a scream of Serrano Chilli to the fizz of Bubbly & pinch of Sea Salt. The bees-knees have nothing on these!” ... “The masters of flavour & faber”
Online store: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from the UK (329 reviews)
- Potato Chips (2020 snacks)
- Hot Snacks (1064 snacks)
- Chili Chips (233 snacks)
- Alcohol-themed Snacks (58 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2019
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road