Taste test: Our tasters were impressed by this old fashioned-looking box, which seemed fancy and had some funny slogans on it.
It was actually just a thin cardboard box, containing a white foil bag that held the chips. The chips were very similar in both appearance and taste to Cape Cod Potato Chips, with the same yellow color, wiggly shapes and a similar crunch. Our tasters liked the chips and several noted the Cape Cod similarity, in some cases saying that these were better. The salt level was generally low. The claim on the box about the recipe and package being "the exact same" as George Crum in 1853 sounded suspect.
Shop: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Regular potato chips smell.
From the package: “May be served with any beverage if desired.” ... “A delicious delicacy an excellent lunch food” ... “Moon Brand trade mark” ... “Made With All Natural Sea Salt” ... “Saratoga Specialties Company is proud to offer you The Original Saratoga Chips made by gourmet artisans to the exact same recipe and packaging used by George Crum in 1853.” ... “0 grams Trans Fat” ... “Made With All Natural Sea Salt”
Online store: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Company: Saratoga Specialties Co.
Categories for this snack:
- Potato Chips (2036 snacks)
- Regular Potato Chips (255 snacks)
- Sea Salt Chips (236 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2010
This snack was contributed to Taquitos.net by the manufacturer. Review published February 2010.
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Doritos 3D's Nacho Cheesier
We tweet every review!
- Torku Tatkrak Baharatlı Kraker
- Royalty Ginger Nuts
- Euro Chips Classic Salted Potato Chips
- Toddy Malhado com Gotas Brancas e Pretas
- Like Home Sponge Cake
- Gopal Wafers Salty Punch
- Lay's Creme Brulee Milk Tea
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road