Saratoga Chips Thai Sweet Chili
Taste test: These potato chips had wiggly and folded-over shapes, with bubbles embedded inside, some skin on the edges and a nice range of golden yellow colors. There was just the lightest possible smattering of seasoning powder, some tiny colorful bits here and there.
We crunched in to find a light crunch with moderate crispness, with just a very slight sweet chili flavor, maybe a bit weaker than the flavor of the potato itself. There was a mild heat in the aftertaste. None of the taste really said "Thai" to me, but it did taste good. We shared these around with folks enjoy some beers after running a road race, and everyone was pretty impressed by the chips.
Shop: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Some sort of seasoning, but not much of a strong chili one.
From the package: “Made with Mountain Pure Himalayan Salt” ... “Saratoga Chips use only Mountain Pure Himalayan Salt, which is considered to be one of the purest salts on the planet. Harvested from the deepest veins of the Himalayan Mountains, it has never been exposed to modern day pollution and impurities, creating a gorgeous pink color when harvested due to the high mineral content — all of which are needed in a healthy diet.”
Online store: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Company: Saratoga Specialties Co.
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Star Market (formerly Shaws, and Star Market again before that), Porter Square, Cambridge, Massachusetts. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Banshee Bones
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Garlic Grilled Shrimp
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Curry Flavor
- Welch's Red Apple Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road