Saratoga Chips Old Glories
Taste test: This bag promised to deliver red, white and blue potato chips by combining three varieties of potato, so that seem like a fun idea. We opened the bag to find that there were indeed three different colors of chips, with plenty of contrast between the colors. However, it wasn't quite red, white and blue — more like reddish purple, yellow and blueish purple. The chips varied a lot in size and had wiggly shapes.
We crunched in to find a good crispness and fairly light crunch, with a good potato flavor for all three kinds. The colors didn't taste all that different from each other, but they were good.
The bag was less than half full, despite being in very good condition, with plenty of air cushioning and few broken chips.
Shop: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Kind of like raw potatoes.
From the package: “All Natural Red, White and Blue Potatoes” ... “America's First Kettle Chip” ... “Made with Mountain Pure Himalayan Salt” ... “Made in America”
Online store: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Company: Saratoga Specialties Co.
Categories for this snack:
- Potato Chips (2005 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Bed Bath & Beyond. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Banshee Bones
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Good Life Finute Corn Chips
- Cadina Potato Chips Crinkle Cut XO Sauce Flavor
- Today Cocoa 3 Bites
- Blekis Bléo Crème
- Snickers Peanut Brownie
- Hostess Donettes Hot Cocoa & Marshmallow
- Hostess Twinkies Mint Chocolate
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road