Samboy Original Roast Potato Crinkle Cut Potato Chips
Taste test: These wide-rippled potato chips had a moist feel and lots of potato taste, but they also had a much different recipe than your typical "original" flavor potato chips.
It's just about unheard of for "plain" potato chips to have either sugar (lactose, in this case) or MSG (a.k.a. 621), but these had both. Plus, on top of that, yeast extract. We've seen all of these in flavored potato chips, just not in plain ones. The result was a rich, intense and unusually sweet (though not really sugary) potato flavor, kind of like a baked potato, to go along with a soft crunch and fairly thick cut. They were by no means bad, but I wouldn't say they were any better than many other brands of chips that achieve great potato flavor without sugar or MSG.
Shop: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Strong, baked potato-like smell.
From the package: “The flavour HITS you!” ... “great new taste” ... “Now 100% Australian owned” ... “Potatoes, Vegetable Oil, Lactose, Flavour Enhancers (621), Salt, Yeast Extract, Flavours”
Online store: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Jeremy. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Banshee Bones
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Snickers Peanut Brownie
- Hostess Donettes Hot Cocoa & Marshmallow
- Hostess Twinkies Mint Chocolate
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road