Samai Jungle Root Crisps Sweet Chili
Taste test: This bag combined cassava chips (a vegetable we're quite familiar with) and tannia chips (a new one to us) with a mild chili seasoning.
We crunched in to several chips to find that the seasoning was sufficiently intense that the two kinds didn't taste all that different, though the textures were different. The cassava chips (also known as yuca) had a harder crunch, and they were cut thicker than most cassava chips we've tried, while the tannia chips were soft to bite into. The variety of textures was nice, and they were both tasty.
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Nice, mild tangy chili smell.
From the package: “Picante ducle/Pimenté doux” ... “Enjoy our medley of perfectly crisp cassava and tannia slices with a hint of sweet chili.” ... “Thank you for choosing our Jungle root crisps, made with the freshest cassavas and tannias, grown in the fertile soils of small family owned plantations located outside the protected Ecuadorian rainforest.” ... “Try them with humus, guacamole or your favourite dip and experience rain forest magic!”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Ecuador (20 reviews)
- Chili Chips (233 snacks)
- Vegetable Chips (151 snacks)
- Yuca/Cassava Chips (36 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2013
This snack was contributed to Taquitos.net by the manufacturer. Review published October 2013.
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Landmark Confections Mini Fudge Marshmallow Cookies
- Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Caramel
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road