Doritos Salsa Verde!
Taste test: These are (or at least were) the best Doritos ever.
The texture is standard Doritos, but there's a healthy serving of jalapeño heat too. It's hard to find this flavor in stores; unfortunately, they're only available in certain areas. However, as good as the chips are, this bag was quite disappointing — I had a bag of these several years back, and they were actually quite a bit hotter than the bag that I'm eating right now. They used to be the boldest and most daring flavor of Doritos that Frito-Lay has ever produced. Now that they've been watered down, they might still be Frito-Lay's hottest, but they pale in comparison to some other hot chips. So please, bring back the original formula and restore Salsa Verde Doritos to their rightful place near the top of the chip hierarchy.
Shop: Buy Doritos on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Not too hot, just smells like toasted corn chips.
From the package: “Yes, my friends, Doritos® brand Salsa Verde! Flavored Tortilla Chips are bold ... but are they daring? Is every crunchy Doritos® brand tortilla chip loaded with spicy jalapeño flavor? Why yes. Have they just the right amount of heat? But of course. So the real question is ... are you daring?”
Online store: Buy Doritos on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Doritos (148 snacks)
- Hot Snacks (1025 snacks)
- Tortilla Chips (592 snacks)
- Jalapeno Chips (240 snacks)
- Snacks that rhyme with (Justice Sam) Alito (207 snacks)
- Salsa Chips (89 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy in Fredonia, Arizona. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Chile Relleno
- Takis Blue Heat
- Lay's Flavor Icons Nashville Hot Chicken
- Lay's Zhou Hei Ya Spicy Braised Duck Neck
- Cinnamon Toast Crunch Treats
- Speedy Choice Kettle Cooked Sweet Thai Chili Premium Waffle Chips
- Danix Choco-Choco
- Hide & Seek Black Bourbon Crème Sandwich Vanilla
- Krackjack Butter Masala
- Trolli Sour Watermelon Sharks
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road