Doritos Salsa Verde!
Taste test: These are (or at least were) the best Doritos ever.
The texture is standard Doritos, but there's a healthy serving of jalapeño heat too. It's hard to find this flavor in stores; unfortunately, they're only available in certain areas. However, as good as the chips are, this bag was quite disappointing — I had a bag of these several years back, and they were actually quite a bit hotter than the bag that I'm eating right now. They used to be the boldest and most daring flavor of Doritos that Frito-Lay has ever produced. Now that they've been watered down, they might still be Frito-Lay's hottest, but they pale in comparison to some other hot chips. So please, bring back the original formula and restore Salsa Verde Doritos to their rightful place near the top of the chip hierarchy.
Shop: Buy Doritos on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Not too hot, just smells like toasted corn chips.
From the package: “Yes, my friends, Doritos® brand Salsa Verde! Flavored Tortilla Chips are bold ... but are they daring? Is every crunchy Doritos® brand tortilla chip loaded with spicy jalapeño flavor? Why yes. Have they just the right amount of heat? But of course. So the real question is ... are you daring?”
Online store: Buy Doritos on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Doritos (149 snacks)
- Hot Snacks (1043 snacks)
- Tortilla Chips (594 snacks)
- Jalapeno Chips (241 snacks)
- Snacks that rhyme with (Justice Sam) Alito (207 snacks)
- Salsa Chips (89 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy in Fredonia, Arizona. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Banshee Bones
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Twinkies Mint Chocolate
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Garlic Grilled Shrimp
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Curry Flavor
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road