Saffron Road Bombay Spice Crunchy Chickpeas
Taste test: These chickpeas had kind of a golden beige color on their surfaces, with some darker and lighter seasoning areas scattered throughout.
I grabbed five pieces and crunched in to find a nice crunch initially, then a texture that wasn't as impressive after that. There was a middling level of spices, far less intense than I expected, and although the taste wasn't awful, I didn't particularly like it either. Meh at best.
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Good mix of Indian spices, not as intense as some other similar snacks.
From the package: “Wholesome Chickpeas Seasoned With Exotic Bombay Spices” ... “A Whole New Snack To Love” ... “All over the world, whether its chana from the bazaars of India, or hummus in the souks of the Middle East, to the garbanzos in the zocalos of Mexico, the chickpea is a major source of protein and nutrition. Now Saffron Road brings them to Americans as a guilt-free snack. Our chickpeas are cooked to crunchy perfection and flavored with all natural ingredients.”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Company: American Halal Company, Inc.
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Whole Foods Market (formerly Bread & Circus). Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Banshee Bones
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Snickers Peanut Brownie
- Hostess Donettes Hot Cocoa & Marshmallow
- Hostess Twinkies Mint Chocolate
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road