Taste test: These tortilla chips had a long, narrow rectangular shape with lots of bubbles, with a darkish yellow color.
Seasoning levels varied from chip to chip, and it was easy to tell which ones would have the most flavor, because the seasoning powder was very dark. All of the pieces were wiggled somewhat, and some were even folded over. I expected lots of chile and lime taste, and I'm not always the biggest fan of that particular flavor combination, but I was surprised to find that the flavor was actually a bit subdued (though still sharp) and quite tasty. I ended up eating a lot of these chips. The chili pepper had a hot aftertaste that lingered in the back of my throat for a while.
Shop: Buy Frito-Lay snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Very nice. Chile and lime, but lots of toasted corn too.
From the package: “Totopos de maíz con chile y especias”
Online store: Buy Frito-Lay snacks on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Tortilla Chips (594 snacks)
- Chili Chips (233 snacks)
- Snacks that rhyme with (Justice Sam) Alito (207 snacks)
- Lime Snacks (158 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2010
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Gluten Free Oreo
- Nestlé Breakaway Original
- Today Karamel Waffle
- Raylicious Soft Cookies Chocolate Chip
- Coco Goods Coconut Chips Chocolate
- Landmark Confections Mini Fudge Marshmallow Cookies
- Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Caramel
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road