Ruffles Ultimate Loaded Bacon & Cheddar Potato Skins
Taste test: These potato chips had extra-wide, extra-deep ripples, with a nice bright orange/yellow color and lots of large bits of green stuck to the surfaces. The chips looked really good. Chips sizes varied, but many of them were quite large.
We crunched in to find a good crispness and good strong (but not hard) crunch and a flavor that was surprisingly mild for something billed as "ultimate" and "loaded." The taste was mostly like a cheddar and sour cream chip, with more cheddar than sour cream, plus just a hint of bacon. Crunchy, tasty and quite popular among our snackers — nicely "ultimate" in terms of chip shape, but just not as "loaded" with flavor as we expected.
Shop: Buy Ruffles on Amazon #ad
Smell test: More cheese than bacon, but good.
From the package: “Now with deeper ridges” ... “Hey you. Yes you. Lover of anything piled high with bacon, melted cheese and sour cream. Seeker of the most outrageous loaded potato skin, your dream is now a reality. Mouth — meet Ruffles® Ultimate Loaded Bacon and Cheddar Potato Skins flavored chips. Now that your mouth is full it's time to find a way to hide these awesome chips from your freeloading roommate. Hide them under the bills — he'll never look there.”
Online store: Buy Ruffles on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Ruffles Potato Chips (50 snacks)
- Potato Chips (2005 snacks)
- Ripple Chips (600 snacks)
- Cheddar Snacks (421 snacks)
- Bacon Flavor Snacks (138 snacks)
- Potato-themed snacks (30 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Market Basket. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Banshee Bones
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Good Life Finute Corn Chips
- Cadina Potato Chips Crinkle Cut XO Sauce Flavor
- Today Cocoa 3 Bites
- Blekis Bléo Crème
- Snickers Peanut Brownie
- Hostess Donettes Hot Cocoa & Marshmallow
- Hostess Twinkies Mint Chocolate
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road