Taste test: This ham-flavored version of Ruffles from Portugal had narrow very ripples (narrower than the Ruffles currently sold in the USA, and also narrow than the ones pictured on the bag) and a yellow color on the surfaces, with some darker skin areas on the edges of many chips. There wasn't much seasoning visible on the surfaces.
We crunched in to find a good crispness and a very nice crunch, far more solid than we typically find for narrow-rippled potato chips. Best of all, they were really tasty — lots of great ham flavor and mild spices. We brought these to a gathering at a donut shop, and our snackers ate them by the handful while praising the taste.
Shop: Buy Ruffles on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Nice tangy smell.
Online store: Buy Ruffles on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Ruffles Potato Chips (50 snacks)
- Snacks from Portugal (6 reviews)
- Potato Chips (2004 snacks)
- Ripple Chips (599 snacks)
- Meat Flavored Chips (112 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Pao de Acucar Market, Somerville, Massachusetts. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Banshee Bones
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Snickers Peanut Brownie
- Hostess Donettes Hot Cocoa & Marshmallow
- Hostess Twinkies Mint Chocolate
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road