Taste test: This ham-flavored version of Ruffles from Portugal had narrow very ripples (narrower than the Ruffles currently sold in the USA, and also narrow than the ones pictured on the bag) and a yellow color on the surfaces, with some darker skin areas on the edges of many chips. There wasn't much seasoning visible on the surfaces.
We crunched in to find a good crispness and a very nice crunch, far more solid than we typically find for narrow-rippled potato chips. Best of all, they were really tasty — lots of great ham flavor and mild spices. We brought these to a gathering at a donut shop, and our snackers ate them by the handful while praising the taste.
Shop: Buy Ruffles on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Nice tangy smell.
Online store: Buy Ruffles on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Ruffles Potato Chips (50 snacks)
- Snacks from Portugal (6 reviews)
- Potato Chips (1975 snacks)
- Ripple Chips (588 snacks)
- Meat Flavored Chips (114 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Pao de Acucar Market, Somerville, Massachusetts. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Pelly Pellets Jamón
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Fritos Lime & Chile Corn Chips
- Takis Blue Heat
- Pu-Thai Black Pepper Flavor
- Hershey's Cookies 'n' Creme Cookie Bites
- O'Donnells of Tipperary Hand Cooked Crisps Ballymaloe Relish and Cheddar Cheese Flavour
- Twizzlers Twists Orange Cream Pop
- Hershey's Kisses with Caramel
- Tiki Gold Coconut Craze
- Crunchips o smaku Pieczone Żeberka
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road