Taste test: These potato chips from Canada promised to deliver a special regional taste combining cheese curds and gravy, a delicacy that's not available in all that many places.
We opened the bag to find that the chips were cut fairly thick and had medium-width ripples. The surfaces had a nice yellow color with various levels of browning. There were with some bits of seasoning between the ripples, but not a lot.
We crunched in to find a fairly soft crunch and middling crispness. There was certainly a gravy taste, but not much in the way of cheese curds. It was a fairly mild flavor, but a good one. We shared these around with quite a few snackers, and most people liked them a lot. Even some serial poutine-eaters were fans, though in most cases they noted that the taste was mostly like potatoes and gravy.
Shop: Buy Ruffles on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Very tangy. Kind a mix of cheese and gravy, could pass for Poutine.
From the package: “Simulated flavour/Saveur simulée” ... “Poutine, eh? Cheese 'n' Gravy! Canada's unofficial food group collides with Canada's favourite ridged chip brand to create a taste so mind-blowing your taste buds will be in shock. The taste of crispy hot fries, smothered in gravy and topped with melted cheese inspired Ruffles Poutine flavour potato chips — a delicacy which can only be described as magic in the mouth.”
Online store: Buy Ruffles on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Ruffles Potato Chips (50 snacks)
- Snacks from Canada (341 reviews)
- Potato Chips (2004 snacks)
- Ripple Chips (599 snacks)
- Cheese (314 snacks)
- Unusual Flavors (95 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Amy and Mary Anna in Montreal. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Banshee Bones
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Garlic Grilled Shrimp
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Curry Flavor
- Welch's Red Apple Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road