Ruffles Max Flame Grilled Steak
Taste test: These potato chips had smallish ripples, with a mix of light yellow and light brownish areas, plus some tiny spots of very dark seasoning.
We crunched in to find that the chips had a thick cut and a pretty good crunch, with a flavor that was kind of like a steak sauce and some of the other seasonings for a steak, with the primary flavor being a mild onion taste. Tasters disagreed about whether the chips tasted like actual steak at some point during the eating experience, but everyone who tried these ended up eating quite a few chips. As for the "Max" aspect of things, the flavor didn't seem stronger or more authentic than other flavored Ruffles or other standard brands of rippled flavored potato chips. All in all, nothing spectacular, but pretty tasty.
Shop: Buy Ruffles on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Strong. Kind of like steak sauce and onion soup.
From the package: “Meat! Since the days of the caveman, it's been in our genes. Man must have meat. And, Ruffles® Max™ Flame-Grilled Steak flavored chips bring you that char-grilled meat taste that makes the caveman in you smile and want to club something.”
Online store: Buy Ruffles on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Ruffles Potato Chips (50 snacks)
- Potato Chips (2004 snacks)
- Ripple Chips (599 snacks)
- Limited Editions (412 snacks)
- Beef (41 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Stop & Shop. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Banshee Bones
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Garlic Grilled Shrimp
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Curry Flavor
- Welch's Red Apple Chips
- Frooze Balls Peanut Butter & Jelly
- 7-Select Strawberry Jelly Peanut Butter Cups
- Bumble Bee Seafoods Wild Caught Tuna Roasted Garlic & Herb
- Lil' Dutch Maid Iced Oatmeal Cookies
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road