Ruffles Double Crunch Zesty Cheddar
Taste test: This new flavor of Ruffles promised a new shape and a new crunch, as they cut the chips with extra-wide, angular ripples and kettle-cooked them. The chips pictured on the bag didn't really do the shape justice, as it showed ripples that were very geometrically regular, whereas the actual chips took those shapes and twisted them unpredictably like other kettle-cooked chips, with a different look as a result of the ripples.
We crunched in to find a nicely crisp, fairly strong crunch that did indeed feel different from other Ruffles, and the crunch came with a whole lot of flavor. We could take lots of potato, plenty of cheddar and some mild spices that brought out even more cheddar taste without adding any major spice nor any heat. Good chips.
Shop: Buy Ruffles on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Strong, very nice cheddar smell.
From the package: “2X the Crunch” ... “Deep-cut Ruffles® ridges kettle-cooked to crispy, crunch perfection and the flavor of bold, creamy cheddar with a zesty kick” ... “Official Chip of the NBA”
Online store: Buy Ruffles on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Ruffles Potato Chips (50 snacks)
- Potato Chips (1997 snacks)
- Ripple Chips (594 snacks)
- Cheddar Snacks (419 snacks)
This snack was discovered at Target. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Banshee Bones
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Granny Goose Tortillos
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Snyder's of Hanover Rounds Butter Flavored
- Clancy's Roasted Sweet Corn Popcorn
- StarKist Bold Creations Microwavables Tuna Spicy Rice & Beans
- Milka Daim
- Clancy's White Cheddar Cheese Popcorn
- Non Stop Munchies Spices Treat Potato Chips
- Sara Lee For Me! Cinnamon Crumb Cake
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road