Ruffles Double Crunch Zesty Cheddar
Taste test: This new flavor of Ruffles promised a new shape and a new crunch, as they cut the chips with extra-wide, angular ripples and kettle-cooked them. The chips pictured on the bag didn't really do the shape justice, as it showed ripples that were very geometrically regular, whereas the actual chips took those shapes and twisted them unpredictably like other kettle-cooked chips, with a different look as a result of the ripples.
We crunched in to find a nicely crisp, fairly strong crunch that did indeed feel different from other Ruffles, and the crunch came with a whole lot of flavor. We could take lots of potato, plenty of cheddar and some mild spices that brought out even more cheddar taste without adding any major spice nor any heat. Good chips.
Shop: Buy Ruffles on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Strong, very nice cheddar smell.
From the package: “2X the Crunch” ... “Deep-cut Ruffles® ridges kettle-cooked to crispy, crunch perfection and the flavor of bold, creamy cheddar with a zesty kick” ... “Official Chip of the NBA”
Online store: Buy Ruffles on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Ruffles Potato Chips (50 snacks)
- Potato Chips (2019 snacks)
- Ripple Chips (606 snacks)
- Cheddar Snacks (427 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2019
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Coco Goods Coconut Chips Chocolate
- Landmark Confections Mini Fudge Marshmallow Cookies
- Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Caramel
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road