Ruffles Deep Ridged Classic Hot Wings
Taste test: These potato chips were the latest in the somewhat confusing line of Buffalo Wing chips and extra thick/extra wide rippled chips from Ruffles. In recent years we've seen a Ruffles Ultimate line that claimed "deeper ridges" and some Ruffles Max flavors that boasted "maximum taste" — plus a Molten Hot Wings flavor that seemed to be positioned as similar to these, but maybe with extra heat. Way back when, there was a Flavor Rush version that, like these, claimed a connection to the Buffalo Wild Wings restaurants, but those also included some ranch seasoning. So many variations, it's hard to keep track!
We opened this bag to find that the chips had very wide, very deep, angular ripples, with lots of intense red/orange seasoning on the surfaces. Most of the chips were not particularly big, but they still did look fairly imposing, thanks to the extra-thick ripples and intense color. We crunched in to find a fairly strong crunch on most chips, though some were a bit softer, with a good crispness throughout. The hot wings flavor was tasty and intense. As expected, the heat was not as intense as the Molten ones, but it was still very tasty and fairly hot. The wings flavor mixed well with the taste of the potato. Our snackers were big fans of these, munching away as they sipped on some beer.
Shop: Buy Ruffles on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Very nice tangy smell, not particularly hot, but really does smell like chicken wings.
From the package: “Inspired by Buffalo Wild Wings” ... “Ridges 2X as deep” ... “These ridges are for intense crunching” ... “Like numbers. And abs. Don't be shy. This fearless hot wing flavor sure isn't.”
Online store: Buy Ruffles on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Ruffles Potato Chips (50 snacks)
- Potato Chips (2004 snacks)
- Hot Snacks (1043 snacks)
- Ripple Chips (599 snacks)
- Buffalo Wing Chips (88 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Star Market (formerly Shaws, and Star Market again before that), Porter Square, Cambridge, Massachusetts. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Banshee Bones
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Garlic Grilled Shrimp
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Curry Flavor
- Welch's Red Apple Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road