Ruffles Crispy Fries Original
Taste test: Just like the cheese flavor of Crispy Fries, these fries instantly stood apart from just about every other kind of bagged fries, because they actually looked like fries.
They were sliced from potatoes and even had bits of potato skin on the ends of most pieces (plus even more skin on the edges of some side pieces). Even the color looked like what you'd expect from fries fresh from the fryolator. And just as real fries vary quite a bit in length, so did these! We crunched in to find a great crunchy texture, excellent crispness, and lots of salty potato flavor. Unlike crisp-but-bendable fresh fries, these were all crunch and no flex, but otherwise, they did a great job of acting like real fries. After eating half the bag, it occurred to me, "Why not try these with some ketchup!" So I did, and the result was as good as I hoped. The magic tomato-and-potato formula worked great with these.
Shop: Buy Ruffles on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Nice mild potato smell. Not really like fries, but good.
From the package: “Sliced from real potatoes” ... “Chips or fries? The timeless struggle, the eternal choice. Good news, champ, the correct answer is 'Both.' Behold the crispy fry.” ... “Like your fries warm? Pour into a microwave safe container and heat on high for 30 seconds. Do not place this bag in microwave.”
Online store: Buy Ruffles on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Walgreen's. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Banshee Bones
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Garlic Grilled Shrimp
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Curry Flavor
- Welch's Red Apple Chips
- Frooze Balls Peanut Butter & Jelly
- 7-Select Strawberry Jelly Peanut Butter Cups
- Bumble Bee Seafoods Wild Caught Tuna Roasted Garlic & Herb
- Lil' Dutch Maid Iced Oatmeal Cookies
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road