Ruffles All Dressed
Taste test: All Dressed Chips have long been a favorite in Canada (we reviewed the Ruffles Canadian version way back in 2002) but in the USA, people generally don't even know what "All Dressed" means in the chips context. So it was nice that when Ruffles rolled out this limited-edition flavor for Americans, they went out of their way to explain on the bag just what it means (see "From the Package"). And they did a better job than I ever have explaining the flavor!
I opened the bag to find that the chips had medium-width ripples and colors ranging from light yellow to golden yellow, with some brighter orange accents. There were some areas of light skin on the edges. I crunched in to find a nice light crunch and a tasty but mild flavor, kind of like a mild barbecue sauce with vinegar and some other spices. It was much milder than the other All Dressed chips we've reviewed, including those Canadian Ruffles, but still tasty. It seemed like maybe they toned down this popular Canadian flavor a bit for introducing it to American snackers, but it was still very tasty.
Shop: Buy Frito-Lay snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Savory and vinegary.
From the package: “I bet you're wondering what 'All Dressed' means. After all, in America it just means you're wearing all your clothes. But, in Canada 'All Dressed' actually means delicious ridgy chips that somehow taste salty, savory and sweet all at the same time. Sounds good, eh?”
Online store: Buy Frito-Lay snacks on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Potato Chips (1987 snacks)
- Ripple Chips (590 snacks)
- Limited Editions (409 snacks)
- All Dressed Chips (15 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Star Market (formerly Shaws, and Star Market again before that), Porter Square, Cambridge, Massachusetts. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Chile Relleno
- Takis Blue Heat
- Lay's Flavor Icons Nashville Hot Chicken
- StarKist Tuna Creations Ranch
- Elite PesekZman Wafer Rolls
- Walkers Stax Sour Cream & Onion
- Toppo Cheese Tart
- Elite PesekZman Big Bite
- Late July Organic Sea Salt Thin & Crispy Restaurant Style Tortilla Chips
- Shirakiku Cinema Popcorn Hot Spicy
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road