Cocoaland Rotong Potato Stick with Chili Sauce
Taste test: This snack came in a package that closely resembled a Pringles can and contained fries, but there were nothing like Pringles, nor like any other fries we've tried. The fries were nothing like the thinly sliced potatoes that we usually call potato sticks, and they didn't have the typical fry shape either, as they were fairly wide and flat. Also, they had somewhat wiggly shapes, versus the more typical straight or gently wavy ones. They actually Pringles contained not just potato, but also wheat and tapioca, with wheat listed first — unusual for a "potato" snack. The major change to the package was an extra clear plastic hood on top, containing a small tub of chili dipping sauce.
We crunched into some fries to find a nice crunch and a lot of taste beyond just the potato, as there seemed to be a slightly sweet, somewhat savory coating. The ingredients surprisingly included "Chicken seasoning powder" and we did notice a bit of that in the taste. The chili sauce was on the very mild side, as there was certainly no heat, and just a very mild sweetness. It was OK and didn't detract from the fries, but the fries had a nice flavor on their own, so it might have been nice to have a bolder sauce for those wishing to spice things up. Still, we enjoyed the fries a lot.
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Mostly potato.
From the package: “Ingredients: Wheat flour, Potato starch, Tapioca Starch, Vegetable oil (Palm), Sugar, Salt, M.S.G., Ammonium bicarbonate, Chicken seasoning powder, Permitted Coloring (Tartrazine E102), Malic acid, Onion powder.”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Malaysia (71 reviews)
- Snacks in Cans (294 snacks)
- Fries (146 snacks)
- Snack & Dip Kits (50 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Lydia Bickford in China. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Banshee Bones
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Twinkies Mint Chocolate
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Garlic Grilled Shrimp
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Curry Flavor
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road