Ritz Cheese Crispers Cheddar
Taste test: These crackers had hexagonal shapes and were fairly large, with one side of each being mostly beige in color with hints of orange, while the other side was caked heavily with orange seasoning powder. They looked to be maybe Ritz's answer to Cheez-Its.
With the box proclaiming them to be "potato and wheat chips," I checked the Ingredients to find out which of those grains there was more of. Although I found the answer was technically potato, the surprise was that yet a third grain, corn, was listed before wheat (and immediately after potato).
I crunched in to find a light crunch and a good helping of cheese, definitely a different taste than either Cheez-Its or Ritz Crackers. As the cheese wore off a bit after each bite, they did taste potatoey. The texture was OK, similar to potato crisps like Baked Lays but a little stronger and with a slight wheat cracker feel. The taste was loaded with salty cheese, good but not any standout among cheddar snacks.
All in all, it wasn't bad, but other than being a brand extension for brand extension's sake (i.e. to help sell them), I don't see how these had anything to do with Ritz Crackers. Ritz are are wheat-based, have a great light texture and taste buttery — and none of those things apply to Ritz Cheese Crispers.
Shop: Buy crackers on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Nice sweet cheddar smell.
From the package: “Delightfully thin and crispy bites, oven baked with real, delicious cheese” ... “cheddar natural flavor and other natural flavor” ... “Potato and wheat chips” ... “Serving size 21 chips (29g)”
Online store: Buy crackers on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Ritz Crackers (26 snacks)
- Cheddar Snacks (415 snacks)
- Potato Crisps (411 snacks)
- Cheese Crackers (117 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Star Market (formerly Shaws, and Star Market again before that), Porter Square, Cambridge, Massachusetts. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Takis Blue Heat
- Pelly Pellets Jamón
- Lay's Wavy Original Potato Chips Dipped in Milk Chocolate
- StarKist Tuna Creations Hickory Smoked
- Stacy's Pita Thins Garlic & Herbs
- Stacy's Pita Thins Five Cheese
- Fragrance Mala Salted Egg Fish Skin
- Smartfood Cap'n Crunch's Crunch Berries Popcorn Mix
- Johnny Apple Treats
- Nestlé Crunch Amendoim
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road