Rio Grande Tostadas Chipotle Flavor
Taste test: These tostadas had a brownish orange overall color, with some large dark spots and lots of tiny white spots.
Each piece was about 6 inches in diameter, with a somewhat wiggly surface. One of our tasters insisted that these must be eaten with many topping on them, as one would consume tostadas at a restaurant, but really, these were just enormous round chips, as far as I'm concerned. And as tortilla chips go, they were really quite good. They were thick and had a very nice crunch, with a very nice corn taste. The spices were mild at first, but the chipotle grew into a pretty good kick of heat in the aftertaste. I had one of the tostadas topped lightly with avocado, tomato and onion, and it was quite good, but these were also excellent just as a huge chip with nothing on top.
Shop: Buy tortilla chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Good corn smell with some mild spices.
From the package: “Sin Colesterol/Cholesterol Free” ... “Lo Nuestro” ... “Hecho en Mexico/Made in Mexico”
Online store: Buy tortilla chips on Amazon #ad
Company: Rio Grande Food Products Inc.
Categories for this snack:
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Coco Goods Coconut Chips Chocolate
- Landmark Confections Mini Fudge Marshmallow Cookies
- Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Caramel
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road