Rice Works Salsa Verde Brown Rice Crisps
Taste test: These tortilla chips were made from rice flour, corn flour and whole pieces of actual rice.
The rice pieces could be seen embedded inside the chips, giving the chips quite a distinctive appearance. The feel of the chips was quite a bite different from regular tortilla chips, as they were less crisp and maybe a little thicker, but the texture worked well. The salsa verde flavoring was very good, as it really did taste like salsa verde, with a decent kick to it, quite tasty. The aftertaste was also a spot-on salsa verde taste. These were quite a change from the usual tortilla chips, and they were popular among our tasters.
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Good salsa verde smell, really smells like it, slightly hot too.
From the package: “Made with natural ingredients including brown rice, Rice Works™ is a great tasting, crunchy snack bursting with flavor. All of our Rice Works™ varieties contain 0g of trans fat and have no preservatives, artificial flavors or colors. Better still, this snack contains 33% less fat than regular potato chips. We believe in making healthy and delicious snacks for the enjoyment of discerning taste buds — just like yours.”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Company: Snack Alliance, Inc.
Categories for this snack:
This snack was contributed to Taquitos.net by the manufacturer. Review published March 2007.
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Coco Goods Coconut Chips Chocolate
- Landmark Confections Mini Fudge Marshmallow Cookies
- Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Caramel
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road