Recipes of Udupi Ribbon Pakodi
Taste test: These snacks looked remotely like Fritos, though with less curvy shapes and a more orange color, but we knew from the Ingredients that they were made with stuff other than corn — rice and chickpeas.
We crunched in to find a weird crunch that was quite different from corn, (just) rice, wheat, potato or any other chips we've had. The taste was very mild at first, with maybe a hint of chickpea flavor but no spices to speak of. Some noticeable heat did sneak up in the aftertaste. A weird one, but pretty good.
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Very mild.
From the package: “Authentic Snacks of South India” ... “Spiced Rice & Chickpea Crackers” ... “Product of India” ... “Ingredients: Rice Flour, Palmolein Oil, Chick Pea Flour, Vegetable Oil (Made from Palm Oil & Sesame Oil), Salt, Red Chili Powder, Asafoetida”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Company: Deep Foods, Inc.
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from India (87 reviews)
- Hot Chips (1006 snacks)
- Rice Chips (84 snacks)
- Chickpea Snacks (7 snacks)
This snack was discovered at India Market, Waltham. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Takis Blue Heat
- Pelly Pellets Jamón
- Lay's Wavy Original Potato Chips Dipped in Milk Chocolate
- StarKist Tuna Creations Hickory Smoked
- Stacy's Pita Thins Garlic & Herbs
- Stacy's Pita Thins Five Cheese
- Fragrance Mala Salted Egg Fish Skin
- Smartfood Cap'n Crunch's Crunch Berries Popcorn Mix
- Johnny Apple Treats
- Nestlé Crunch Amendoim
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road