Recipes of Udupi Ribbon Pakodi
Taste test: These snacks looked remotely like Fritos, though with less curvy shapes and a more orange color, but we knew from the Ingredients that they were made with stuff other than corn — rice and chickpeas.
We crunched in to find a weird crunch that was quite different from corn, (just) rice, wheat, potato or any other chips we've had. The taste was very mild at first, with maybe a hint of chickpea flavor but no spices to speak of. Some noticeable heat did sneak up in the aftertaste. A weird one, but pretty good.
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Very mild.
From the package: “Authentic Snacks of South India” ... “Spiced Rice & Chickpea Crackers” ... “Product of India” ... “Ingredients: Rice Flour, Palmolein Oil, Chick Pea Flour, Vegetable Oil (Made from Palm Oil & Sesame Oil), Salt, Red Chili Powder, Asafoetida”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Company: Deep Foods, Inc.
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from India (93 reviews)
- Hot Snacks (1043 snacks)
- Rice Chips (84 snacks)
- Chickpea Snacks (8 snacks)
This snack was discovered at India Market, Waltham. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Banshee Bones
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Garlic Grilled Shrimp
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Curry Flavor
- Welch's Red Apple Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road