Taste test: It seemed like the Take 5 brand was quite a success as a Hershey's product, eventually dropping the Hershey's part of the branding to stand on its own, but for whatever reason, it has now been rebranded as Reese's Take 5. We reviewed Chocolate Cookie, Marshmallow and White Chocolate versions of Take 5, all of which included peanuts and peanut butter, but this Reese's one seemed to match the original one from 2005, with pretzels, caramel, peanut butter and peanuts, plus a milk chocolate coating.
The package included three separate, smallish bars, each fairly thick and rectangular-ish, with rounded corners, irregular sides and some bumps on the otherwise smooth chocolate top. I bit in to find a strong crunch from the pretzels, with every one of the elements quite obviously noticeable. It was somewhat like a Reese's, but the caramel and the salt from the pretzels definitely gave it an overall taste quite distinct from Reese's. The caramel made the experience a bit like some of the Turtle clusters, but with a more regular shape.
Shop: Buy Reese’s on Amazon #ad
Smell test: A lot like a Reese's cup, but some caramel in there too.
From the package: “Pretzels, caramel, peanut butter, peanuts, and chocolate bar” ... “King Size 3 pieces” ... “100 calories per piece”
Online store: Buy Reese’s on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Reese's Peanut Butter Cups (79 snacks)
- Chocolate (1729 snacks)
- Bars (918 snacks)
- Pretzels (545 snacks)
- Nuts (506 snacks)
- Peanut Butter Snacks (339 snacks)
- Caramel Snacks (331 snacks)
This snack was discovered at Dollar Tree. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Takis Blue Heat
- Pelly Pellets Jamón
- Lay's Wavy Original Potato Chips Dipped in Milk Chocolate
- Smartfood Cap'n Crunch's Crunch Berries Popcorn Mix
- Johnny Apple Treats
- Nestlé Crunch Amendoim
- Walkers Stax Original
- Alexander the Grape
- StarKist Bold Creations Premium Tuna with Rice & Beans
- Tayto Muchos Nacho Cheese
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road