Taste test: It seemed like the Take 5 brand was quite a success as a Hershey's product, eventually dropping the Hershey's part of the branding to stand on its own, but for whatever reason, it has now been rebranded as Reese's Take 5. We reviewed Chocolate Cookie, Marshmallow and White Chocolate versions of Take 5, all of which included peanuts and peanut butter, but this Reese's one seemed to match the original one from 2005, with pretzels, caramel, peanut butter and peanuts, plus a milk chocolate coating.
The package included three separate, smallish bars, each fairly thick and rectangular-ish, with rounded corners, irregular sides and some bumps on the otherwise smooth chocolate top. I bit in to find a strong crunch from the pretzels, with every one of the elements quite obviously noticeable. It was somewhat like a Reese's, but the caramel and the salt from the pretzels definitely gave it an overall taste quite distinct from Reese's. The caramel made the experience a bit like some of the Turtle clusters, but with a more regular shape.
Shop: Buy Reese’s on Amazon #ad
Smell test: A lot like a Reese's cup, but some caramel in there too.
From the package: “Pretzels, caramel, peanut butter, peanuts, and chocolate bar” ... “King Size 3 pieces” ... “100 calories per piece”
Online store: Buy Reese’s on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Reese's Peanut Butter Cups (82 snacks)
- Chocolate (1809 snacks)
- Bars (956 snacks)
- Pretzels (555 snacks)
- Nuts (513 snacks)
- Peanut Butter Snacks (349 snacks)
- Caramel Snacks (345 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2019
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Coco Goods Coconut Chips Chocolate
- Landmark Confections Mini Fudge Marshmallow Cookies
- Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Caramel
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road