Quitos Salsa Picante
Taste test: These tightly rolled tortilla tubes had a very dark red color, with some serious-looking red seasoning all over the surfaces.
We crunched in to find a hard crunch like the other Quitos flavors, with a flavor that was strong but not at all hot on the first bite. The lack of heat was surprising, but it didn't last, as some heat did arrive in the aftertaste. The mix of heat and spices was pretty good, but nothing really special, as several of the other tortilla tubes we've tried (from both Takis and Quitos) were either hotter or spicier. These were good, just not great.
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Very spicy, but not actually hot or mouth-watering.
From the package: “The spicy flavor you've been craving!” ... “Totopos de Maiz Enrollados”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Quitos (4 snacks)
- Hot Snacks (1064 snacks)
- Salsa Chips (89 snacks)
- Tubular Tortillas (47 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2014
This snack was discovered by Jeremy. Review published April 2014.
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road