Quitos Hot Chili Lime
Taste test: When we spotted these on the shelf of a roadside convenience store, we quickly bought up all of the flavors based on the Quitos name alone. (We just like the word Taquitos!) We opened the bag to find that the rolled-up tortilla tubes were very thin (thinner than Takis) and about two and half inches long. They had an even darker, scarier (though less bright) shade of red than the corresponding flavor of Takis.
We crunched in to find a solid crunch and a major kick of lime and hot chili on the first bite. The heat was strong but not killer after eating one piece, and it grew progressively stronger and lingered for a long while after eating more. Not everyone we offered these to was willing to try, but the hot food fans who did try enjoyed the taste as they munched on these with some beer.
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Surprisingly mild. Just a bit of lime and corn.
From the package: “Hot & Spicy Rolled Tortilla Snacks” ... “caliente y picoso!” ... “artificially flavored” ... “Totopos de Maiz Enrollados” ... “The spicy flavor you've been craving!”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Quitos (4 snacks)
- Hot Snacks (1043 snacks)
- Chili Chips (226 snacks)
- Lime Chips (154 snacks)
- Tubular Tortillas (47 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Banshee Bones
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Twinkies Mint Chocolate
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Garlic Grilled Shrimp
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Curry Flavor
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road