Quaker Popped Sweet Chili
Taste test: These smallish rice cakes had wiggly surfaces with a somewhat bright orange seasoning that made them look a lot like a cheddar-flavored snack.
But once we crunched in, it was immediately evident that it was not cheddar, as there was quite a kick of chili pepper heat, very tasty, tempered just a bit by sweetness. The pieces were fairly thick and a had a soft crunch and good crispness. There was a mildly hot aftertaste that lingered for a while. Very nice!
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Good sweet and spicy pepper smell.
From the package: “New look! Formerly Quakes® Rice Snacks” ... “Quaker® Popped™ rice snacks are the surprisingly delicious snack with a satisfying crunch. And because they're popped and have 0g trans fat, you can feel good about your snack choice.” ... “Do not heat in toaster or microwave.”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Company: Quaker Oats Company
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Star Market (formerly Shaws, and Star Market again before that), Porter Square, Cambridge, Massachusetts. Review published September 2013.
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
- Nestlé Lion (Poland)
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road