Quaker Popped Sea Salt & Cracked Black Pepper
Taste test: These round, rice-based chips had very wiggly surfaces, mostly beige in color with some yellow areas, plus a smattering of finely ground black pepper. The chips were fairly thick.
We crunched in to find a soft crunch with a decent crispness, with a mild hit of pepper at first. The pepper got stronger soon after that, and the pepper taste lingered for a very long time. Our snackers were fans, crunching their way through handfuls of pieces while enjoying some beer. Tasty.
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Good freshly ground black pepper smell. Fairly intense.
From the package: “New look! Formerly Quakes® Rice Snacks” ... “Quaker® Popped™ rice snacks are the surprisingly delicious snack with a satisfying crunch. And because they're popped and have 0g trans fat, you can feel good about your snack choice.” ... “Do not heat in toaster or microwave.”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Company: Quaker Oats Company
Categories for this snack:
- Sea Salt Chips (235 snacks)
- Salt & Pepper Chips (131 snacks)
- Rice Cakes (42 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2013
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Star Market (formerly Shaws, and Star Market again before that), Porter Square, Cambridge, Massachusetts. Review published September 2013.
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road