Quaker Popped Chocolate
Taste test: This bag contained small, round rice cakes with wiggly surfaces and a light chocolate covering. The thin chocolate layer varied from one piece to the next, as some had about 50% coverage, while others were almost entirely coated in chocolate.
We crunched in to find a nice texture with a good, crisp, light crunch from the thin sugary coating. There was definitely something sugary and sweet in that coating, but it only remotely tasted like chocolate. Not bad, but if you're looking for a chocolate fix, this may or may not work.
Shop: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Sort of a hot cocoa smell, but extra-sweet.
From the package: “Quaker® Popped™ rice snacks are the surprisingly delicious snack with a satisfying crunch. And because they're popped and have 0g trans fat, you can feel good about your snack choice.” ... “Do not heat in toaster or microwave.”
Online store: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Company: Quaker Oats Company
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Star Market (formerly Shaws, and Star Market again before that), Porter Square, Cambridge, Massachusetts. Review published October 2013.
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road