Pure Vida Chips Exotic Tasty Plantain
Taste test: These plantain chips were cut on a cross-section of the plantain, so they were round. Most of the pieces were cut fairly thin, with a very nice golden yellow color and some areas of browning.
I crunched in to find a fairly standard plantain flavor, with a middling level of salt, so they didn't really stand out ugh from other plantain chips. Somehow I ended up eating a whole bunch of them in a row, and when I did that, they seemed to get more and more flavorful as I went. So they were pretty good after all.
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Very strong plantain smell.
From the package: “What is a Plantain? These tasty chips are from sunny Costa Rica, where Plantains grow year-round and Pure Vida is a way of life. More of a vegetable than a fruit, plantains can be cooked in many different ways and are found in almost every meal in the tropics. Delicious plantains are actually a staple food for millions of people around the globe.” ... “Product of Costa Rica”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
This snack was contributed to Taquitos.net by the manufacturer. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Takis Blue Heat
- Pelly Pellets Jamón
- Lay's Wavy Original Potato Chips Dipped in Milk Chocolate
- StarKist Tuna Creations Sweet & Spicy
- Jack Link's White Meat Chicken Tender Bites Original
- Krispy Kreme Doughnuts Mini Crullers Original Glazed
- Trader Joe's Organic Milk Chocolate Truffle
- StarKist Tuna Creations Hickory Smoked
- Stacy's Pita Thins Garlic & Herbs
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road