Private Selection Texas Inspired BBQ Kettle Potato Chips
Taste test: These potato chips had wide, shallow ripples within their somewhat wiggly overall shapes, with a mix of light yellow and orange on most of the surfaces, plus a smattering of large black seasoning bits.
I crunched in to find a strong crunch and an intense mix of flavors that really worked well with the potato. Based on the description on the bag, I was expecting a strong black pepper twist on barbecue, but the flavors that actually stood out most were mustard and vinegar. There were lots of other spices in there too, along with a mild heat that burned on for a slightly hot aftertaste. Really good!
Shop: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Nce rich, spicy BBQ smell. Couldn't specifically notice much black pepper.
From the package: “Private selection Texas inspired BBQ kettle potato chips are made from farm-grown potatoes cooked into a thick Ripple and cooked In small batches. A bold BBQ flavor with a punch of black pepper give these chips that authentic Texas inspired taste.”
Online store: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Company: Kroger Co.
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Fry's. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Takis Blue Heat
- Pelly Pellets Jamón
- Lay's Wavy Original Potato Chips Dipped in Milk Chocolate
- StarKist Tuna Creations Sweet & Spicy
- Jack Link's White Meat Chicken Tender Bites Original
- Krispy Kreme Doughnuts Mini Crullers Original Glazed
- Trader Joe's Organic Milk Chocolate Truffle
- StarKist Tuna Creations Hickory Smoked
- Stacy's Pita Thins Garlic & Herbs
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road