Pringles White Chocolate Peppermint
Taste test: We've eaten many, many flavors of Pringles over the years, including some weird ones, but this was the very first that promised to bring a sweet flavor to the usually savory world of potato crisps. I had no idea whether these would be coated in chocolate, colored to look like candy canes, or anything else unprecedented for Pringles, so I opened the can with great anticipation.
The first surprise was that these crisps looked pretty much like plain Pringles. After seeing that, I started to expect that they would taste like them too, which brings us to the next surprise. I crunched into my first one to find that there was indeed some peppermint and white chocolate taste. That seemed to be located on a thin and nearly invisible coating, and underneath that was the usual salty and potatoey Pringles taste. The sweetness wasn't intense, as they definitely weren't coated in chocolate or loaded with peppermint, but you couldn't miss it before it yielded to normal salty Pringles taste. There was a crisp and brittle feel (slightly crisper than normal Pringles) and the mix of sweet and salty made it hard to eat just one.
Shop: Buy Pringles on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Smells pretty much like Pringles. Just a hint of sweetness on the second whiff.
From the package: “Limited time only!” ... “Bursting with flavor”
Online store: Buy Pringles on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Pringles (148 snacks)
- Chocolate (1806 snacks)
- Limited Editions (419 snacks)
- Potato Crisps (416 snacks)
- Snacks in Cans (296 snacks)
- Mints (163 snacks)
- White Chocolate (33 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2012
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road