Pringles Wavy Classic Salted
Taste test: While Pringles has explored a wide spectrum of flavors for years (we've reviewed more than 100 of them), the thing that's generally predictable is the shape, which is consistent not just from one chip to the next, but across products too. (Of course, there have been exceptions, with a Mini version shrinking down the same shape and the Stix version abandoning the shape completely.)
For the first time in many years, we've got a rippled version of Pringles. The crisps had the same overall shape as original Pringles, but a series of ripples ran parallel to the long dimension of the chips. In all, it was just about five ripples per piece. (The ones branded as Pringles Ridges that we reviewed in 2002 had narrower ripples.) The pieces pictured on the can had a whole lot of color to them, but the actual ones were a very pale shade of yellow. We crunched in to find that the taste didn't change much if at all, but there was a very noticeable additional crunch to give them a distinct texture.
Shop: Buy Pringles on Amazon #ad
Smell test: The same as regular Pringles.
From the package: “Canister contains at least 50% recycled material; 15% post-consumer content.”
Online store: Buy Pringles on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Pringles (146 snacks)
- Ripple Chips (590 snacks)
- Potato Crisps (413 snacks)
- Snacks in Cans (292 snacks)
This snack was discovered at Wal-Mart. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Chile Relleno
- Takis Blue Heat
- Lay's Flavor Icons Nashville Hot Chicken
- Toppo Cheese Tart
- Elite PesekZman Big Bite
- Late July Organic Sea Salt Thin & Crispy Restaurant Style Tortilla Chips
- Shirakiku Cinema Popcorn Hot Spicy
- Lay's White Rabbit Rich Toffee
- Lay's Oyster Vermicelli
- 7 Select Loco Rollers Chili + Lime
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road