Pringles Wavy Classic Salted
Taste test: While Pringles has explored a wide spectrum of flavors for years (we've reviewed more than 100 of them), the thing that's generally predictable is the shape, which is consistent not just from one chip to the next, but across products too. (Of course, there have been exceptions, with a Mini version shrinking down the same shape and the Stix version abandoning the shape completely.)
For the first time in many years, we've got a rippled version of Pringles. The crisps had the same overall shape as original Pringles, but a series of ripples ran parallel to the long dimension of the chips. In all, it was just about five ripples per piece. (The ones branded as Pringles Ridges that we reviewed in 2002 had narrower ripples.) The pieces pictured on the can had a whole lot of color to them, but the actual ones were a very pale shade of yellow. We crunched in to find that the taste didn't change much if at all, but there was a very noticeable additional crunch to give them a distinct texture.
Shop: Buy Pringles on Amazon #ad
Smell test: The same as regular Pringles.
From the package: “Canister contains at least 50% recycled material; 15% post-consumer content.”
Online store: Buy Pringles on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Pringles (148 snacks)
- Ripple Chips (606 snacks)
- Potato Crisps (417 snacks)
- Snacks in Cans (296 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2019
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road