Pringles Soft-Shell Crab
Taste test: This Asian variety of Pringles had no special coloring or visible flavor powder, and the most notable thing that we noticed upon opening the can was that many of the crisps were severely broken during their transcontinental journey from Thailand to the USA (though they were broken to a lesser degree than the Blueberry & Hazelnut flavor in the same shipment).
We crunched in to find a crab-like taste with some other flavorings, and most of our tasters though it was OK, though a few didn't like it, and many other refused to even try it. The taste should not be confused with Old Bay-flavored chips, as these tried to taste like actual crab meat, not like the popular seasoning from Baltimore.
Shop: Buy Pringles on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Sort of remotely crab-like, though not that strong and not bad.
From the package: “Malaysia Halal” ... “Ingredients: dried potato, vegetable oil, wheat starch, corn flour, crab flavour (sugar, monosodium glutamate, yeast extract, paprika extract, white pepper, disodium inosinate, disodium guanylate, flavours, crab extract), rice flour, maltodextrin, emulsifier (vegetable origin), salt, dextrose”
Online store: Buy Pringles on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Pringles (148 snacks)
- Potato Crisps (417 snacks)
- Snacks in Cans (296 snacks)
- Crab (27 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2011
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
- Nestlé Lion (Poland)
- Clover Valley Chili Cheese Corn Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Cheddar
- Milka Caramel
- Hal's New York Kettle Chips Sea Salt & Vinegar
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road