Taste test: For years, we've seen Pringles dance around a simple Bacon flavor, with Bacon Ranch, Bacon & Cheese Potato, Jalapeño Bacon, Smoky Bacon and even a Loaded Baked Potato that included a good share of bacon. But this this was the first time we saw the famous maker of identically shaped potato crisps in a can put out a flavor that promised nothing but bacon.
The chips had just a light smattering of fine seasoning powder visible, much of it black, which isn't typical for bacon snacks. We crunched in to find a reasonably bacon-like taste, but not a spot-on one, as it captured a good amount of the bacon grease taste but not enough of the smoke. That actually made a lot sense, considering that Smoky Bacon was one of those previous flavors. Some tasters compared the taste to fake bacon products like Baco's (but in a good way). One of the tasters was toddler Olivia, who didn't say much but seemed to be enjoying the crisps quite a lot as she ate several very thick stacks of them.
Shop: Buy Pringles on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Pretty good bacon smell. Not really like you're cooking bacon, but it did have some bacon hints.
From the package: “Exclusive flavor!”
Online store: Buy Pringles on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Pringles (145 snacks)
- Potato Crisps (411 snacks)
- Limited Editions (407 snacks)
- Snacks in Cans (289 snacks)
- Bacon Flavor Snacks (137 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Ocean State Job Lot. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Takis Blue Heat
- Pelly Pellets Jamón
- Lay's Wavy Original Potato Chips Dipped in Milk Chocolate
- Fragrance Mala Salted Egg Fish Skin
- Smartfood Cap'n Crunch's Crunch Berries Popcorn Mix
- Johnny Apple Treats
- Nestlé Crunch Amendoim
- Walkers Stax Original
- Alexander the Grape
- StarKist Bold Creations Premium Tuna with Rice & Beans
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road