President's Choice Tandoori Barbecue
Taste test: These wide-rippled potato chips were generally smallish, with an orange seasoning unevenly applied to the various chips, plus some bits of skin around some of the edges.
The chips were crisp and had a nice crunch, and the seasoning won the day, as our tasters all praised the great mix of spices, which were more subdued than other Indian spiced potato chips (such as Lay's Magic Masala) but were still different enough to stand out from the barbecue chip crowd — really tasty with a mild kick of heat. Spices aside, tasters also enjoyed the great texture of the chips and the excellent potato flavor. Great snack!
Shop: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Kind of a tangy barbecue, with some Indian spices (but less than most Indian chips we've tried).
From the package: “Crunchy rippled potato chips made with an Indian-inspired spice blend.” ... “Improved/Amélioré! Bag Now Resealable/Sac maintenant refermable.” ... “We've seasoned these crunchy rippled chips with our very own masala (spice blend) and other selected ingredients to recreate the great taste, colour and aroma of your favorite tandoori dishes. Take a bite and experience your very own passage to India!”
Online store: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Canada (341 reviews)
- Potato Chips (2004 snacks)
- Ripple Chips (599 snacks)
- Barbecue Snacks (482 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Baldree's No Frills, Gananoque, Ontario. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Banshee Bones
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Garlic Grilled Shrimp
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Curry Flavor
- Welch's Red Apple Chips
- Frooze Balls Peanut Butter & Jelly
- 7-Select Strawberry Jelly Peanut Butter Cups
- Bumble Bee Seafoods Wild Caught Tuna Roasted Garlic & Herb
- Lil' Dutch Maid Iced Oatmeal Cookies
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road