President's Choice Spicy Piri Piri
Taste test: These wide-rippled potato chips promised a "fiery-hot seasoning" but the seasoning we could see didn't look particularly orange or red.
We crunched in to find that these were very tasty chips with a great mix of spices that was somewhat barbecue-like, with a middling heat at first. The real heat hit mainly in the aftertaste, as the hot sauce burned in the back of the throat, and the heat lingered long after the chips were eaten. As with other President's Choice chips, the texture was excellent, with good crunch and crispness that help bring out the flavor. Praise also goes to President's Choice for the inclusion of a Ziploc-style closing mechanism in the bag (a rarity among potato chip bags) to help keep these fresh on a humid summer day.
Shop: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Mild mix of potato and hot sauce.
From the package: “Improved! Amélioré! Bag Now Resealable. Sac maintenant refermable.” ... “Crunchy rippled potato chips witha fiety-hot seasoning blend.” ... “These tantalizing rippled chips offer crunch with a kick! Not for the faint of palate, they're seasoned with blend of hot, hot, hot peppers and a touch of lemon, inspired by Portugal's famous fiery piri piri sauce.”
Online store: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Canada (346 reviews)
- Potato Chips (2005 snacks)
- Hot Snacks (1043 snacks)
- Ripple Chips (600 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Baldree's No Frills, Gananoque, Ontario. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Banshee Bones
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Good Life Finute Corn Chips
- Cadina Potato Chips Crinkle Cut XO Sauce Flavor
- Today Cocoa 3 Bites
- Blekis Bléo Crème
- Snickers Peanut Brownie
- Hostess Donettes Hot Cocoa & Marshmallow
- Hostess Twinkies Mint Chocolate
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road