President's Choice Canadian Burger Potato Chips
Taste test: It's been several years since I've gotten my hands on a new potato chips flavor from President's Choice, and evidently they've done away with their Ziploc-style resealable bags. I'm not going to complain about this, because those bags were a bit awkward to open, plus they seemed rather unnecessary, as the President's Choice flavors are almost always so delicious that resealing the bag to finish later is really a non-issue.
The chips were cut thick and had wide, dull ripples, with a light orange color generally and a good helping of seasoning on the surfaces. I crunched in to find a very nice crispness and a fairly soft crunch (though more solid at times) with a nice mix of flavors, strong but not super-intense. The description on the bag promised a burger with cheddar, bacon and ketchup, yet I couldn't strongly taste any of those things. But it was a nice tangy mix, with barbecue-like taste at first and maybe some hints of beef in the aftertaste. Tasty.
Shop: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Strong, cheesy sweet barbecue smell. Not really like a burger, but nice.
From the package: “Recreating the mouth-watering flavours of a Canadian barbecue favorite — grilled beef burger with white cheddar, back bacon and ketchup — these crunch rippled chips are a tradition in the making.”
Online store: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Canada (338 reviews)
- Potato Chips (1987 snacks)
- Ripple Chips (590 snacks)
- Cheddar Snacks (417 snacks)
- Ketchup Chips (68 snacks)
- Cheeseburger flavored snacks (17 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Amy and Mary Anna in Montreal. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Chile Relleno
- Takis Blue Heat
- Lay's Flavor Icons Nashville Hot Chicken
- StarKist Tuna Creations Ranch
- Elite PesekZman Wafer Rolls
- Walkers Stax Sour Cream & Onion
- Toppo Cheese Tart
- Elite PesekZman Big Bite
- Late July Organic Sea Salt Thin & Crispy Restaurant Style Tortilla Chips
- Shirakiku Cinema Popcorn Hot Spicy
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road