Popchips Sea Salt Potato
Taste test: I bought this bag not because it stood out as a new flavor, but because Chewbacca was on the front of the bag, making it a necessary purchase as part of The George Lucas Diet. But on closer examination, it turned out that it was a new flavor — Taquitos.net hadn't reviewed a Sea Salt version of the potato-based Popchips.
The taste and texture were very good, with a nice crisp crunch and lots of potato flavor. It reminded me a whole lot like the first Popchips product that Taquitos.net reviewed, which was labeled at the time as as Original Potato Chips. It seems that this Sea Salt version has replaced the "Original" in the Popchips lineup, as the Original (which didn't mention Sea Salt) is not shown on the Popchips website, and Sea Salt inherited the same color scheme. They also dropped the "Potato Chips" label that was on that Original bag, which makes sense, since Popchips really are crisps, not chips.
Shop: Buy Popchips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Good potato smell.
From the package: “Join the snacking rebellion. Whether you're fighting against intergalactic domination or simply need an afternoon nibble, there is no need to resist this snack. Popped crispy and full of flavor, it's the snack we've all been craving. Avoid the fried side. A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away… there was a snacking rebellion. Radical snackers struck a blow against the oil-laden, fried chip empire when they demanded a new kind of chip. The power of the Force was harnessed for popping and now people everywhere can enjoy Popchips in support of the dark side (all the flavor) or the light side (half the fat fried chips*).
Online store: Buy Popchips on Amazon #ad
Company: Popchips, Inc.
Categories for this snack:
- All Popchips (27 snacks)
- Potato Crisps (415 snacks)
- Sea Salt Chips (232 snacks)
- Star Wars snacks (21 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Ocean State Job Lot. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Banshee Bones
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Curry Flavor
- Welch's Red Apple Chips
- Frooze Balls Peanut Butter & Jelly
- 7-Select Strawberry Jelly Peanut Butter Cups
- Bumble Bee Seafoods Wild Caught Tuna Roasted Garlic & Herb
- Lil' Dutch Maid Iced Oatmeal Cookies
- Monet Vegetable Entertainer Crackers
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road