Popchips Crazy Hot
Taste test: When we search for snacks, it sometimes seems like there's a contest going on for which snack company can promise the hottest chips. Not necessarily make the hottest ones, but at least claim they're hot. We're pretty sure that "Crazy Hot" meant a promise of some very serious heat. Did Popchips deliver?
We opened this bag to find round crisps with the usual Popchips shape and a nice bright glow of red-orange seasoning. Here comes the heat, right? Well, we crunched in to find a nice tangy cheese flavor, but there there was no sign of crazy heat. Nor was there high heat, regular heat or even a middling heat. There was a very slight heat, many orders of magnitude removed from crazy heat.
That's not to say that these Popchips didn't taste good. In fact, they tasted quite good, with kind of a mix of cheese, barbecue sauce, ketchup and some zesty spices. They might have been the tastiest flavor of Popchips that we've reviewed so far. Just not anywhere up the scale of hot, let alone "Crazy Hot."
Shop: Buy Popchips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Good spicy cheese and potato smell.
From the package: “wondering what it’s like to eat crazy hot popchips? it’s kind of like kissing a fire-breathing dragon. take one bite and your taste buds will be hit by a wave of red chili pepper flavor, but with delectable hints of cheddar cheese to compliment the heat. if you like your snacking crazy hot, this sizzling spice will keep you coming back for more.”
Online store: Buy Popchips on Amazon #ad
Company: Popchips, Inc.
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Ocean State Job Lot. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Banshee Bones
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Granny Goose Tortillos
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Taco Bell Cheddar Crisps Fire! Sauce Flavor
- Terrell's Syracuse Style Potato Chips
- Godiva Signature Milk Chocolate 8 Mini Bars
- Good & Smart Potato Crisps Sour Cream & Onion
- Lipo Mini Roll Strawberry Flavor
- Rice Krispies Treats SpongeBob Limited Edition
- Taco Bell Cheddar Crisps Nacho Flavor
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road