Pirate's Booty Veggie Sticks Sea Salt
Taste test: This snack seemed a bit odd to be bearing the Pirate's Booty brand, as it appeared to be much like lots of other veggie sticks that we've reviewed; they typically come in three colors, with tomato and spinach seasoning bringing red and green colors to the beige potato base. But Pirate's Booty did bring their own new twists to the humble veggie stick.
The first major change from those that we noticed was that the surfaces of the sticks were bumpy, not smooth. Even more significantly, we checked the Ingredients and found that the base of the sticks was corn and beans, not potato. The colors were muted as we've come to expect from veggie sticks, and the red ones were extra-muted, as you need good lighting to tell then apart from the beige ones.
We crunched in to find a denser feel than the potato-based sticks, with a nice crunch and a lot of salty potato, beans and veggie flavor. They tasted good and felt more filling than typical veggie sticks.
Shop: Buy Pirate's Booty on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Mild veggie smell.
From the package: “1/2 cup of veggies in every serving” ... “Baked, not fried”
Online store: Buy Pirate's Booty on Amazon #ad
Company: Pirate Brands
Categories for this snack:
- All Pirate's Booty and imitators (15 snacks)
- Sea Salt Chips (232 snacks)
- Vegetable Chips (149 snacks)
- Fries (146 snacks)
- Bean Chips (48 snacks)
This snack was discovered at Star Market (formerly Shaws, and Star Market again before that), Porter Square, Cambridge, Massachusetts. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Banshee Bones
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Garlic Grilled Shrimp
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Curry Flavor
- Welch's Red Apple Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road