Pirate's Booty Veggie Sticks Sea Salt
Taste test: This snack seemed a bit odd to be bearing the Pirate's Booty brand, as it appeared to be much like lots of other veggie sticks that we've reviewed; they typically come in three colors, with tomato and spinach seasoning bringing red and green colors to the beige potato base. But Pirate's Booty did bring their own new twists to the humble veggie stick.
The first major change from those that we noticed was that the surfaces of the sticks were bumpy, not smooth. Even more significantly, we checked the Ingredients and found that the base of the sticks was corn and beans, not potato. The colors were muted as we've come to expect from veggie sticks, and the red ones were extra-muted, as you need good lighting to tell then apart from the beige ones.
We crunched in to find a denser feel than the potato-based sticks, with a nice crunch and a lot of salty potato, beans and veggie flavor. They tasted good and felt more filling than typical veggie sticks.
Shop: Buy Pirate's Booty on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Mild veggie smell.
From the package: “1/2 cup of veggies in every serving” ... “Baked, not fried”
Online store: Buy Pirate's Booty on Amazon #ad
Company: Pirate Brands
Categories for this snack:
- All Pirate's Booty and imitators (15 snacks)
- Sea Salt Chips (231 snacks)
- Vegetable Chips (146 snacks)
- Fries (146 snacks)
- Bean Chips (47 snacks)
This snack was discovered at Star Market (formerly Shaws, and Star Market again before that), Porter Square, Cambridge, Massachusetts. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Chile Relleno
- Takis Blue Heat
- Lay's Flavor Icons Nashville Hot Chicken
- Walkers Stax Sour Cream & Onion
- Toppo Cheese Tart
- Elite PesekZman Big Bite
- Late July Organic Sea Salt Thin & Crispy Restaurant Style Tortilla Chips
- Shirakiku Cinema Popcorn Hot Spicy
- Lay's White Rabbit Rich Toffee
- Lay's Oyster Vermicelli
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road