Picard's Kettle Style Extreme Kick Butt Barbecue Flavoured Potato Chips
Taste test: These potato chips came in small, wiggly shapes and had lots of seasoning on their surfaces for a dull orange color overall. Many of the chips were folded over, the surfaces had lots of bubbles embedded inside, and there was lots of skin along the edges.
I crunched in to find a nice crispness and light crunch, with a surprisingly ordinary and mild barbecue taste. There was nothing bad about it, but after seeing "Kick Butt" in the name of the flavor, I was expecting a much bolder barbecue taste, some heat or both. There was a mild heat in the aftetaste, so maybe that's what "Kick Butt" was referring to, but the heat's strength didn't warrant that name. Still, good chips.
Shop: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Mostly a typical BBQ chips smell, but with a bit of a kick.
From the package: “For 30 years J.D. Picard has mastered the art of making delicious snacks. His latest passion is the creation of 'the perfect kettle chip'. Fresh Ontario potatoes are rough-cut, craft-cooked and seasoned to perfection — the result on the goodness scale — our chip's flavour and crunch both measure in the 'extreme'. ”
Online store: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Amy and Mary Anna in Canada. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Banshee Bones
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Twinkies Mint Chocolate
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Garlic Grilled Shrimp
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Curry Flavor
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road