Picard's Kettle Style Extreme Tart Lime & Chili Pepper Flavoured Potato Chips
Taste test: This bag contained chips that were generally small, with somewhat wiggle shapes, a good helping of skin on the edges, a nice yellow color overall and many bits of generally black seasoning (so it looked like crushed black pepper).
I crunched in to find that the chips were cut fairly thick and had a very good crispness and fairly light crunch. It was a different texture than is typical of kettle-cooked chips, much crisper than expected. The lime and chili flavor didn't quite live up to "extreme," but it was fairly strong and very tasty. The lime was subtle, and the peppers were zesty but just mildly hot. A very flavorful combination!
Shop: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Not much, maybe just the slightest hint of lime to go along with the potato.`
From the package: “For 30 years J.D. Picard has mastered the art of making delicious snacks. His latest passion is the creation of 'the perfect kettle chip'. Fresh Ontario potatoes are rough-cut, craft-cooked and seasoned to perfection — the result on the goodness scale — our chip's flavour and crunch both measure in the 'extreme'. ”
Online store: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Canada (346 reviews)
- Potato Chips (2036 snacks)
- Chili Chips (236 snacks)
- Lime Snacks (161 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2016
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Doritos 3D's Nacho Cheesier
We tweet every review!
- Euro Chips Classic Salted Potato Chips
- Toddy Malhado com Gotas Brancas e Pretas
- Like Home Sponge Cake
- Gopal Wafers Salty Punch
- Lay's Creme Brulee Milk Tea
- Lacta Lancy
- Ruffles Double Crunch Spicy Cheddar Jack
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road