Pelly Pellets Jamón
Taste test: These potato-based snacks didn't really look like bacon, but they tried, as they had bacon-like stripes, but the puffs were thicker, puffier and differently shaped than bacon.
The ones pictured on the bag were short strips with the stripes running lengthwise, but the actual ones in the bag had their stripes rotated 90 degrees, going across the strips (contrary to how it works with real bacon), so that was odd. The taste was pretty good, with a good crispness and sort of a smoky flavor, not precisely bacony, but not entirely unbacony either. Our bacon-loving tasters enjoyed the taste.
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: More like potato than bacon.
From the package: “Ingredients: Wheat flour, Potato starch, Salt, Ham flavor, Colourings: Azorubine (E-122), Refined vegetable oil (soy and sunflower).”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Judy in Cuba. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Takis Blue Heat
- Lay's Wavy Original Potato Chips Dipped in Milk Chocolate
- Fritos Lime & Chile Corn Chips
- StarKist Tuna Creations Sweet & Spicy
- Jack Link's White Meat Chicken Tender Bites Original
- Krispy Kreme Doughnuts Mini Crullers Original Glazed
- Trader Joe's Organic Milk Chocolate Truffle
- StarKist Tuna Creations Hickory Smoked
- Stacy's Pita Thins Garlic & Herbs
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road