Pelly Pellets Jamón
Taste test: These potato-based snacks didn't really look like bacon, but they tried, as they had bacon-like stripes, but the puffs were thicker, puffier and differently shaped than bacon.
The ones pictured on the bag were short strips with the stripes running lengthwise, but the actual ones in the bag had their stripes rotated 90 degrees, going across the strips (contrary to how it works with real bacon), so that was odd. The taste was pretty good, with a good crispness and sort of a smoky flavor, not precisely bacony, but not entirely unbacony either. Our bacon-loving tasters enjoyed the taste.
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: More like potato than bacon.
From the package: “Ingredients: Wheat flour, Potato starch, Salt, Ham flavor, Colourings: Azorubine (E-122), Refined vegetable oil (soy and sunflower).”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Cuba (2 reviews)
- Snacks Shaped Like Things (395 snacks)
- Bacon Flavor Snacks (140 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2011
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
- Nestlé Lion (Poland)
- Clover Valley Chili Cheese Corn Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Cheddar
- Milka Caramel
- Hal's New York Kettle Chips Sea Salt & Vinegar
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road