Pea Crackers Kimchi Jjigae
Taste test: The spiral snacks in this bag of Pea Crackers had looked mostly like the other flavors and promised Kimchi Jjigae flavor, representing not just the first snack we've reviewed with that flavor, but the first word I've ever seen that had the letter J repeated twice to start the word.
I had no idea what Kimchi Jjigae even was, but some Googling revealed that it's a stew featuring kimchi and various other stuff (typically starting with pork or seafood). Since the picture on the bag showed lots of seafood things, I took that to be the intent here, despite the lack of any actual seafood in the ingredients.
I crunched in to find a great tangy flavor, pretty strong but not super strong, with a nice mix of the pickled kimchi flavor and a seafood broth. There was just a mild heat. Very tasty, very good!
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Tangy, spicy and savory. Very nice!
From the package: “Product of Taiwan”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Taiwan (100 reviews)
- Vegetable Chips (151 snacks)
- Pickle Chips (70 snacks)
- Seafood Snacks (63 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2020
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Cheddar
- Milka Caramel
- Hal's New York Kettle Chips Sea Salt & Vinegar
- 7 Select Flavored Jumbo Peanuts Wasabi Soy
- Jacob's Baked Crinklys Cheese & Onion
- Trolli Sour Crunchy Crawlers
- Yupi Gople Con Todo Original
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road