Paqui Tortilla Chips Roasted Jalapeno
Taste test: These tortilla chips had a light yellow color, with lots of small green seasoning bits on the surfaces. Many of the chips were folded-over or broken, but the intact ones were large and quarter-circle shaped. All of the chips had lots of bubbles of various sizes embedded inside.
We crunched in to find a very nice crispness and light crunch, a great texture for a very Doritos-like feel (though a bit less crunchy than Doritos). The initial taste had a just a mild jalapeño kick, as the flavor seemed like a mix of ranch and jalapeño, an unusual combination, but a good one. The jalapeño heat picked up after eating several chips in a row, and it stayed around for quite a while with a lingering aftertaste. Our snackers were fans, as people praised the taste while enjoying these chips with some beer.
Shop: Buy tortilla chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Nice but mild, more ranch than jalapeno.
From the package: “Homemade Happiness®” ... “Hand-roasted jalapeño flavor with a spice that lights up your taste buds and ignites your soul.”
Online store: Buy tortilla chips on Amazon #ad
Company: Paqui Tortillas
Categories for this snack:
- Hot Snacks (1060 snacks)
- Tortilla Chips (594 snacks)
- Jalapeno Chips (245 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2013
This snack was contributed to Taquitos.net by the manufacturer. Review published September 2013.
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Milka Caramel
- Hal's New York Kettle Chips Sea Salt & Vinegar
- 7 Select Flavored Jumbo Peanuts Wasabi Soy
- Jacob's Baked Crinklys Cheese & Onion
- Trolli Sour Crunchy Crawlers
- Yupi Gople Con Todo Original
- Marilan Tartelette Lime
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road