Hwa Yuan Oyster Omelet Potato Chips
Taste test: These potato chips had gentle curves, narrow ripples and a light yellow color with some large green seasoning bits. So they looked like sour cream and onion chips, despite the very different promised flavor of Oyster Omelet.
I crunched in to find that the chips were fairly thick and had a soft crunch, with a flavor that was definitely not sour cream and onion. There was more oyster initially, then as it faded, the egg kicked in. Certainly a strange concept for potato chips, but very tasty! Our panel of snackers was very impressed.
Shop: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: A lot like sour cream and onion chips. Maybe a bit tangier, but not fishy.
From the package: “This product contains shrimp, soybean, milk and sesame products.”
Online store: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Taiwan (96 reviews)
- Potato Chips (2004 snacks)
- Ripple Chips (599 snacks)
- Seafood Snacks (61 snacks)
- Egg Snacks (13 snacks)
This snack was discovered at Super 88, Boston. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Banshee Bones
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Garlic Grilled Shrimp
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Curry Flavor
- Welch's Red Apple Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road