Outback Chip Company Honey Smoked BBQ & Wild Thyme Premium Potato Chips
Taste test: These potato chips were cut somewhat thick, with a golden yellow color, a good helping of colorful seasoning on the surfaces, and some skin on the edges.
I crunched in to find a very tasty mix of spices, mild enough that it didn't cover up the really good potato taste, but strong enough that the flavor really stood out. It seemed smoky at first, and then only remotely barbecue-like, quite different than any other barbecue chips we've eaten, and just really tasty. It wasn't all that sweet or hot, but just good, and there was even a bit of heat in the aftertaste. Excellent!
Shop: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Pretty intense, lots of thyme.
From the package: “We use only the finest Australian Potatoes. We slow cook in pure vegetable oil and then we add the Seasoning, in this pack you will find the taste of outback and coastal Victoria, we combine golden Australian honey with Native Australian wild thyme which is sourced from Victorian coastal regions, we use our mallee tree roots which are used to impart the unique sweet smoke flavour, Mallee tree roots are sourced from Victoria between the Wimmera and Murray river regions. Our potato chips take your taste buds on a culinary journey throughout Australia's outback.”
Online store: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Australia (97 reviews)
- Potato Chips (1998 snacks)
- Barbecue Snacks (482 snacks)
- Honey Snacks (154 snacks)
- Thyme snacks (4 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy in Australia. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Banshee Bones
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Granny Goose Tortillos
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Taco Bell Cheddar Crisps Fire! Sauce Flavor
- Terrell's Syracuse Style Potato Chips
- Godiva Signature Milk Chocolate 8 Mini Bars
- Good & Smart Potato Crisps Sour Cream & Onion
- Lipo Mini Roll Strawberry Flavor
- Rice Krispies Treats SpongeBob Limited Edition
- Taco Bell Cheddar Crisps Nacho Flavor
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road