Orion Yegam Baked Potato Chips Original
Taste test: This thin cardboard box didn't contain many clues that weren't in Korean about its contents, as "Original" was the only word that we could read. When we opened it, the inner foil bag did say "Baked Potato Chips" (plus "Original" yet again).
We opened the bag to find a stack of uniformly oval-shaped potato crisps, with ripples, but the overall shape was nearly flat (unlike the curved shapes of Pringles). Colors ranged from light yellow to golden yellow. We really didn't know what to expect for the taste, as we saw the description of original baked potato chips, yet the ingredients listed quite a few things other than potato — including the final ingredient of Shrimp Extract. When we crunched in, there was no shrimp that anyone could notice, nor any other unusual flavors. Mostly we could taste fairly standard potato crisps, a lot like Baked Lay's, with a nice soft, crisp crunch. Very good. We shared these with lots of snackers, and everyone enjoyed eating these.
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Strong potato smell. Nice.
From the package: “Ingredients: Potato Flake, Sugar, Whey, Salt, Monoanddiglyceride, Citric Acid, Shortening, Soybean, Starch, Pregelized Corn Flour, Sugar, Flavor, Emulsifier, Soy Lecithin, Whey, Lactose, Edible Salt, Shrimp Extract” ... “Product of Korea”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Korea (143 reviews)
- Ripple Chips (606 snacks)
- Potato Crisps (417 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2014
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
- Nestlé Lion (Poland)
- Clover Valley Chili Cheese Corn Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road