Orion Yegam Baked Potato Chips Cheese
Taste test: This snack came in a thin cardboard box that enclosed a foil wrapper, and it held a stack of uniformly shaped, rippled, golden yellow potato crisps. The crisps weren't shaped like other uniformly shaped shacks, as they had a flat overall shape (though rippled) and were sort of roundish, but with an indentation at one end, kind of like the top of an apple (though they were made from potato).
We crunched in to find a nice light crunch, with a lots of potato flavor and a nice hint of cheese and maybe other mild spices. Very tasty.
The translated ingredients on the import label seemed a bit suspect, as they were identical to the ones on the Original flavor of Yegam, though it's hard to know which one was probably wrong. We were surprised that the "Original" flavor contained Shrimp Extract, but we were also surprised that the Cheese flavor contained Shrimp Extract — and not cheese.
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Nice potato and cheese smell.
From the package: “Ingredients: Potato Flake, Sugar, Whey, Salt, Monoanddiglyceride, Citric Acid, Shortening, Soybean, Starch, Pregelized Corn Flour, Sugar, Flavor, Emulsifier, Soy Lecithin, Whey, Lactose, Edible Salt, Shrimp Extract” ... “Product of Korea”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Korea (143 reviews)
- Ripple Chips (606 snacks)
- Potato Crisps (417 snacks)
- Cheese (318 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2015
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road