Taste test: These snacks were hollow with a thin outer shell, and they came in several different seafood-themed shapes, including various kins of fish (maybe sharks and whales), crabs, turtles, starfish and squid.
We crunched in to find a light crunch and a nice tangy flavor that wasn't fishy for the most part, but did have occasional hints of fishiness (most likely from the cuttlefish extract that was one of the minor ingredients). Many of our snackers were skeptical of these but ended up liking the taste when they did were willing to try. One person dumped a whole bunch of these onto his cup of tomato soup and enjoyed the combination quite a bit.
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Tangy smell, but not fishy.
From the package: “Enjoy yourself with taste & fun” ... “Ingredients: Wheat Flour, Shortening (Palm Olein, Plam Stearin, Hardened Palm Olein, Coconut Oil, Rosemary Extract (antioxidant)), Potato Starch, Corn Starch, Pregelized Corn Flour (100% corn), Sugar, Seaweed Seasoning (Soysauce Powder, Glucose Anhydrous, Cuttlefish Extract Powder, Fructose), Emulsifier (Soy Lecithin, Whey, Lactose, Sodium Caseinate), Sodiumbicarbonate, Edible Salt” ... From Orion's website: “Shape is cool, taste is also cool! Goraebab has become larger!!” ... “Newer Goraebab with fried seasoning which people of all ages like.”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Korea (143 reviews)
- Snacks Shaped Like Things (395 snacks)
- Seafood Snacks (63 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2013
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road